Friday, April 8, 2016

Meditation: The Honest Guys


Meditation is an important aspect in the recovery and management of my mental health. Therapists and guides recommend mindful meditation, a practice which I do. However, I find that as a storyteller, guided meditation is more relaxing and achievable. At times, I create my own guided meditation sequences using music and imagination for a peaceful time-out. After going through a number of apps, cds, and sites (paid and unpaid) that the works by The Honest Guys are by far, the best. And they are absolutely free. (A good sign as I have a general distrust for mental health wares peddled on the Internet.) They have a presence on YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, and CDBaby. They update once a week on Tuesdays and provide a variety of meditation tools. And yes, as a fantasy and Tolkien fan, I discovered them through their Middle Earth Meditation series. Here are two of my favorites, one from the Middle Earth series and the other focused on healing and peace.

I listen to “The Cleansing Pool” when I have back pain or am getting ready for bed. I usually fall asleep before the end.


One of my favorites in the Middle Earth Meditation Series. I like how “Lost Valley of the Elves” begins in a familiar setting and moves you into the lost valley.




(As a side note, I am in no way affiliated with or have been asked/paid to endorse The Honest Guys. I find them genuinely helpful and will always note if and when I have been approached to advertise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment